“And so my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” – President John F. Kennedy, Inaugural Address, January 20, 1961
The John F. Kennedy Hyannis Museum Foundation invites Cape and Islands high school seniors to participate in an essay competition to explain the meaning of this famous quote from President Kennedy’s inaugural address, relating the quote to your civic engagement experiences.
Two winners will receive scholarships of $2,500.
Essays must include:
- How the quote relates to your personal civic engagement experiences.
- How your civic engagement through public service, volunteerism, and/or community projects, which mirrors President Kennedy’s commitment, has helped you to become a better citizen today.
- 300-500 words in length.
- A completed JFK Composition application
- A post mark or email date no later than Monday, April 16th, 2018.
- Emailed compositions must be submitted as attachments.
Where to send the Entries:
Email to Emily@JFKHyannisMuseum.org , or mail to address below with Attention Scholarship.
John F. Kennedy Hyannis Museum Foundation
397 Main Street (PO Box 2488)
Hyannis, MA 02601
(MUST be received by April 16, 2018)
The JFK Hyannis Museum Foundation is a 501-(c) (3) (A1) nonprofit organization.