JFK Hyannis Museum invites your group to join us for Walks with a Purpose
Looking for new ways to engage your group? Seeking a new meeting venue?
Need a dynamic way for your team to reflect and connect?
Consider a JFK Hyannis Museum* group gathering and facilitated meeting/retreat
*Ranked one of Massachusetts’ top museums by Trip Advisor users in 2023!
What are Walks with a Purpose?
Researched and curated by Peggy Jablonski, Ed.D. an educator, coach, facilitator and nonprofit consultant, the JFK Hyannis Museum Walks with a Purpose are designed to create deep individual and group/team learning and development.
Participants are guided past key landmarks in Hyannis, both historic and recent, which trigger questions and ideas. Your guide will share information about the sights, and present thought-provoking questions for contemplation or conversation. The purpose of the walk comes in each person’s own take-aways as well as deeper connections with others in the group, about life then and now
What else can our group expect on Walks with a Purpose?
Walks are guided and ADA accessible in the village of Hyannis. Using the visual images and symbols found along the way, in public works of art and historic sites, participants engage in conversation about what they see and learn.
Over the course of the one-mile, accessible walk, we reveal stories of:
- centuries’ of immigration,
- the role of women in history,
- the Bill of Rights today,
- the story of the indigenous peoples of Cape Cod,
- our environment,
- the local economy,
- and many aspects of social identity.
The walk is presented in a way to learn about and help participants navigate current social justice issues.
When are the 2023 Walks available?
- Gathering at 10:30 a.m. in front of the JFK Hyannis Museum on 5/17, 5/31, 6/14, 6/28, 7/12, 7/26, 8/9, 8/23.
- Walks return to the museum at 11:30 a.m.
- Groups can be booked on alternative dates for private events
Fee per person
Rack Rate: $25 walk + museum admission / Group Rate: $17.50 per person
Rack Rate: $15 walk only / Group Rate: $10 per person
Free – children 6 and under
Maximum group size is 30 people
How is the walk accessible and other specifics?
- The walk script, and questions posed by the guide are available in a written handout.
- The route includes ADA compliant sidewalks, street crossings, stops for rest in shade or air-conditioned buildings. One stop in a cemetery has no sidewalks.
- Venues with second floor amenities have elevators.
- Restroom/toilet facilities are available.
- Walks are held rain or shine.
What if my group wants to meet before or after the walk?
- The museum’s Scudder Family Center for Civic Engagement is available for groups up to 50. Facilitation services are available to process learning, or assist with your goals for a meeting or mini-retreat experience.
- Museum-led presentation topics are available for groups meeting in the Scudder Family center.
- More information on hosting your group meeting inside the museum can be found here: Meeting at the JFK Hyannis Museum
- Meeting prices and details are customizable based on your budget and needs.
How do I book a walk?
- Call Jennifer Pappalardo at 508-790-3077
- Book on line at https://jfkhyannismuseum.org/events/
- Tour operators currently working with the museum can be invoiced.