The John F. Kennedy Hyannis Museum Foundation invites Cape Cod and Islands 12th graders to participate in a writing competition to expound on the meaningfulness of this famous quote from President Kennedy. Today high schools expect their students to participate in public service activities as part of their educational experiences. Our foundation challenges students to share a composition about how their involvement in public service, volunteerism and/or community projects helps them to become better citizens in today’s society. We on Cape Cod are closely tied to the legacy of President Kennedy and this is another opportunity we have to reinforce this important connection.
1. Presently a 12th grade high school student.
2. Composition must be 300-500 words in length.
3. Entries must be received or postmarked no later than Friday, April 15, 2016.
4. Emails will be accepted through said date. Compositions must be an attachment to the email.
5. Applicants must complete the JFK Composition Application. (Available at jfkhyannismuseum.org.)
1. The winner will receive a scholarship of $2,500.
2. Opportunity to read the winning compositions at a JFK event to be announced.
Where to Send the Entries (MUST be received by 4/15/16): 1. Email to email@example.com
3. OR mail to address below with Attention Scholarship.
John F. Kennedy Hyannis Museum Foundation
397 Main Street (PO Box 2488)
Hyannis, MA 02601