John F. Kennedy Hyannis Museum is a multimedia exhibit designed to open a window to the days JFK spent on Cape Cod. For 2017 the Museum is planning a major centennial exhibit, JFK 100, Life and Legacy to take place in May. We also enjoyed over 61,000 visitors in 2016. The Museum is an important destination location for Cape Cod.
The Museum is looking to hire part-time interns with research, writing skills, web skills, comfortable speaking in public and interest in history and graphic design. Interns must have hardworking ethics, creative ideas and the drive to accomplish their goals. These positions are for an undergraduate looking for an experience in a busy museum.
A major in History, Art History, Design or Museum Studies is a plus. The hours will be up to 15 hours a week and are flexible. Unfortunately, we cannot offer a salary, but we do offer a wonderful opportunity to develop skills in a not-for-profit development work. The Museum has an excellent reputation, and potential employers will find the experience of great interest.
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to Jennifer@jfkhyannismuseum.org
- Greeting public and giving tours, research, designing and updating exhibits.
- Docent for the John F. Kennedy Museum as well as Cape Cod Baseball League exhibit
- Assist in the care and maintenance of both the museum and its collections.
- Help out with special projects, which include donor related events some evenings.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings as needed.
- Operate standard office equipment and uses required software applications, including Microsoft Office.
- Interest in non-profit Museum/mission and vision.
- Ideally have experience working in an museum setting
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to organize, prioritize and work independently.
- Ability to handle confidential material with discretion.
- Honest, reliable and a team player.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to convey information professionally and effectively to diverse audiences.
- Excellent computer skills and able to learn new programs quickly.
- Passionate about the work.
- Please include the academic requirements for internships at the institution you are attending including the name and contact information for you intern advisor.
- Resume of your employment, volunteer, intern and academic experience.