The John F. Kennedy Hyannis Museum is a multimedia exhibit designed to open a window to the days John F. Kennedy spent of Cape Cod, being with family and sailing on the ocean to which is was so constantly drawn. The exhibits feature a thematic panorama of photographs, archival films, artifacts, text panels, oral histories and videos. The Museum preserves and promotes the legacy of President Kennedy, his family, and their deep connection to Cape Cod.
The John F. Kennedy Hyannis Museum Foundation, Inc. is looking to for a part-time intern with research, writing skills, web skills, comfortable speaking in public and interest in history and art. Intern must have hardworking ethics, creative ideas and the drive to accomplish their goals.
- Greeting public and giving tours, research, designing and updating exhibits.
- Docent for the John F. Kennedy Museum as well as Cape Cod Baseball League exhibit
- Assist in the care and maintenance of both the museum and its collections.
- Help out with special projects, which include donor related events some evenings.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings as needed.
- Operate standard office equipment and uses required software applications, including Microsoft Office.
- Interest in non-profit Museum/mission and vision.
- Ideally have experience working in an museum setting
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to organize, prioritize and work independently.
- Ability to handle confidential material with discretion.
- Honest, reliable and a team player.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to convey information professionally and effectively to diverse audiences.
- Excellent computer skills and able to learn new programs quickly.
- Passionate about the work.
- Please include the academic requirements for internships at the institution you are attending including the name and contact information for you intern advisor.
- Resume of your employment, volunteer, intern and academic experience.
John F. Kennedy Hyannis Museum Foundation, Inc.
PO Box 2488
Hyannis MA 02601-3914
This position is for an undergraduate looking for an experience in a busy museum. A major in History, Art History, Design or Museum Studies is a plus. The hours will be up to 15 hours a week and are flexible. Unfortunately, we cannot offer a salary, but we do offer a wonderful opportunity to develop skills in a not–for-profit development work. The Museum has an excellent reputation, and potential employers will find the experience of great interest.